Come to a single class
This class is led in six weekly sessions which build up over the duration. You are most welcome to come at any time to a single class, however you will benefit from attending for the full programme.
A weekly mindfulness meditation class for beginners
This class will resume in September, please pop back for final details soon!
We can tend to focus our energy on training our bodies and from a very young age our minds are loaded with information and new concepts, but we can spend very little time on the thing that sets us apart as human beings; our mind.
Starting in September 2018, Andy Nibloe will be running a class in Kennington St Mary’s, which will explore mindfulness and the significant benefits that we can achieve by training our mind.
Many companies now offer this type of course to their employees as there are numerous benefits to be obtained on both a personal and professional level. At Google it is their most popular course, attended by over 2,000 employees. They even have a Head of Mindfulness! Andy has been trained over the past year by one of the teachers who runs the course in Google.
Some benefits that have scientifically proven can be gained from mindfulness are:
- Calmness, peace, equanimity, resilience
- An increased sense of wellbeing, happiness and joy
- A reduced levels of anxiety
- Reduced relapse of depression
- Living in the present moment
- Improved personal and working relationships
- Being more likely to respond compassionately to others
- Improved decision making
- Greater creativity and innovation.
What will be required from those attending the class?
We experience the benefits from practising what we are taught rather than learning about it, so if you attend the course, your commitment will be to:
• Attend all six sessions – this is needed in order to gain the full benefits. If you have a problem with one of the dates please let Andy know and he will try to accommodate this as best he can
• Practice each day the techniques that you will learn for the duration of the course (building up to a maximum of 30 minutes per day).
Meet The Teacher
More on Andy coming soon!
Do I need to book?
As with all our classes, you need to book in for these sessions. It helps us know who to expect plus allows us to notify you if the class is subject to changes.
Use the button on the right hand side to take you to the weekly schedule. Simply click on the week you’d like to attend. You will be required to create an account if you don’t already have one and pay for the class at the point of booking. We do not accept cash at the venue.
How much is it?
You can come to any of our classes and pay a single price of £7.50. Alternatively, you can sign up to a monthly subscription, details are below.
What do I need to bring?
You don’t need to wear any special clothing or bring any cushions with you as all the sessions will be completed sitting in chairs.
Click here to come to
any one class for £7.50
Sign up & Save
All these classes are covered by our monthly subscriptions. Sign up now and save money
Got a question?
Find out the answers from our support page.